Children Are Always Welcome At Hampsteads
We take great pleasure in ensuring that the younger generation have a healthy, happy smile. We want children to visit us from an early age so that they feel comfortable without any anxieties and their teeth remain healthy.
From a very early age children can learn how to maintain healthy teeth and gums. At Hampsteads we help children understand how to clean their teeth properly and about the importance of regular cleaning. As a matter of routine, preventative advice is given to children and their parents each time they visit the practice.
For children we undertake the following:
- NHS Dental Examinations for those under 19 in full time education.
- Oral Hygiene monitoring.
- Assessment of the dental arches for correct growth.
- Preventative treatments with the use of sealants, eliminating the need for drilling or filling.
- Orthodontic assessments for identification of crowding and spacing issues.
- NHS Orthodontic referrals.
- Private teeth straightening for those who don’t qualify for treatment on the NHS.
We recommend that you introduce your children to the dentist at an early age, ideally from around 6 months. We encourage families to visit the practice and familiarise their children with the environment and the team.
Please call our reception on 01609 761377 if you would like to enquire about Children’s dentistry and family appointments.